Churchill China (UK) Limited, (“We/us”), is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what type of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure that you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
This version of our Privacy Statement is live from 25 May 2018.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you:-
- Register on our web site
- Request samples
- Request a credit application form
- Register your details at one of our trade shows
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:-
- Details sent directly from your head office
- Online or public business directories
- From our share registrars
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Name (including title)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- Details of any transactions between you and us
- Job title
- Any information within correspondence you send to us
How do we use your personal information?
We will only process information as is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited email or other communications, or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information.
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about our products, promotions, and events which we think may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address set out in the section below entitled “Your Rights”, or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders
We may use and process your personal information where it is in the legitimate interests of our business with you to do so.
Processing necessary for us to support customers with sales and other enquiries
- to respond to correspondence you send to us and to fulfil the requests you make to us eg brochure and sample requests
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and to measure the reach and effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- to send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product from us or made a purchasing enquiry. We will only contact you with information about our own products (and in ways in which the law allows). You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time
- to contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) where you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing
- to identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our electronic communications
- to administer competitions and promotions that you enter into with us from time to time and to distribute prizes
Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- to verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer
- to obtain credit references
- for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example, where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- to inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies
We may process your personal information to comply with any legal requirement to which we are subject
We will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations who fulfil business activities for us, such as haulage companies, carriers, freight forwarders, our legal, accountancy and stock broking advisors, our share registrars and other professional advisors
We may also share your information with credit reference agencies and with our bankers in order to open credit accounts, and where appropriate, to make payments to you.
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to minimise the personal information in all transactions.
There may be some instances where your information is processed outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place as required by applicable law.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship
If we have a customer relationship with you, we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, brochure, product sample, quotation or any other information on any of our products, we hold your information for 18 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period you become a customer. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint/concern
- you exercise the right to have the information erased and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
Consequences of our use of your personal information
Where applicable, we may impose conditions on our terms of trading with you.
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com or use the information supplied in the Contact us section below. In order to process your request, we will ask you to provide two valid forms of identification for verification purposes.
We will aim to respond to you within 30 days of your request to exercise any of your rights.
Your rights are as follows:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- to correct and update your information
- to withdraw your consent (where applicable)
- to object to our use of your information (where we are relying on legitimate interests to use your personal information) providing we do have any continuing lawful reason to use and process that information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object
- to request us to erase your information (or restrict the use of it) providing we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information
- to request a transfer of your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process that information or we need to process it in connection with our contract
You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details below:
Data Privacy Manager
No.1, Marlborough Way
Tel. no. : 01782 577566
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in the country where you work, live, or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel. No.: 0303 123 1113
Revision date: 25/05/2018